- Libraries promote lifelong learning; we need to be learning ourselves.
- Personal reasons: you want to learn how to Salsa dance.
- Professional reasons: you need to learn how to start a teen advisory group at your library, and don’t know where to start.
- Change is the only constant, so we must always be learning in some way to get used to that. Unlearning and relearning.
- Calls for innovation, new approaches, and new audiences.
- Other ideas of why you should follow the lifelong learning approach? Leave a comment to add to our list.
- Cultivating a Culture of Learning Webinar archives and resources (Lori Reed)
- Top 11 Reasons to Keep Learning & 7 1/2 Habits of Effective Learners document (original link to this document), Pat Carterette, GA State Library & Lori Reed, Charlotte and Mecklenburg Public Library
- Tutorial: 7 1/2 Habits of Effective Learners (from Charlotte-Mecklenberg County Public Library)