Barriers to virtual learning:
- Work priorities
- Family priorities
- I’m too old.
- I don’t like technology.
- I don’t see how this is applicable to me or to my job.
- I don’t like those topics.
- Yes, You Do Have Time To Learn That New Fangled Internet, Just Put Down The Remote
- Bobbi Newman, Librarianbyday.net
- Why Learning About Emerging Technologies is part of every librarian’s job (includes a paper & slides with audio)
- Kathryn Greenhill, Australia, librariansmatter
- Learning When There’s No Time (or Money) to Learn archived webinar & resources
- Pat Carterette, GA State Library, WebJunction Online Conference 2010.
Photo credit: Cats in the Bath email forward, posted at a blog; credit unknown.